Monday, February 20, 2017

Early Saturday Silence

Here's something I've figured out. I need more sleep. I was so good at following a healthy habit of going to bed at exactly the same time each night. And yet, somehow - like a lot of good habits, that particular one fell to the wayside. Maybe it has something to do with my Fear of Missing Out or even my negative perception of people who tend to sleep in excess.

But, I am like them. Sort of.

Every week without fail I look forward to Saturday. Oh yes - glorious, guilt-free, Saturday. On Saturday morning, I could sleep all the way until Saturday afternoon if I wanted! That's part of the benefits of being an adult! You get to make up your own rules and who's to stop you? No one!

Except, there's this one little thing...

Being an adult also means that you have things to do on Saturday that you didn't have a chance to get to during the work week. Chores, yes - but fun things too! Hobbies, activities, meetings with friends and making a breakfast that Monday through Friday doesn't exactly afford you to do! All of these (except the chores), are awesome things to get up early to do!

The thought of getting up early just to enjoy a warm beverage or a freshly blended smoothie and that book you've been reading seems like a worthwhile price to pay for getting out of bed for the sixth day in a row - early.

However, I'm tired. It's Monday and I'm already looking forward to Saturday, when I can sleep until the cows come home. But I'll probably get up early anyhow because the day will be full of promise and I'll want to ease into it quietly with my beverage and my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment