Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lunchtime of the Rich and Famous

I'm a procrastinator. Well, I guess it's better said that I can be a procrastinator. I don't think the label fits 100% - so I'll go with the fact that yes - I can be a procrastinator in some areas of my life. Here's a good example...

A few months ago... Yikes... A year ago? See how quickly those months went by?!

Okay fine. A year ago, I had a brilliant idea. I stumbled on the concept of bento boxes and how fantastic they could be for bringing my lunch to work. "It's perfect!" I announced to myself. Not only would it force me to be creative in food prep, but it's also a fantastic way to practice portion control.

I poured through maybe a hundred or so beautifully photographed pictures of food positioned perfectly in bento boxes. It gave me so many ideas of what my daily lunches could look like! Strawberries in those photos never looked sweeter, the Kalamata olives never looked more savory and the pasta salads always appeared to be so filling and delicious. This would definitely be the best new thing I've implemented into my life!

This wasn't a hard sell. I was in!

I ordered a bento box as quickly as my fingers could type in my debit card number. Oh man - my lunchtime possibilities were about to get endless!

My bento box arrived and it was so cool. My lunchtime life was about to change forever!

Fast forward to today. I'd love to tell you how that whole bento box thing turned out, but I haven't actually used it. Not even once. Yikes. What happened to that life changing magic of lunchtime for the rich and famous? Clearly, I missed the boat on that one - for now. I still have very good intentions of using my beloved bento box. Maybe that in of itself deserves a challenge of its own...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment