"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..." - Semisonic
We made it to the end of the month! I've taken a few days to map out my options for next month's personal challenge.
I've weighed the options, considered the potential pitfalls, and I've taken my travel schedule into account this time around. I'm ready for the fresh start that a new month brings.
June is beautiful in the Midwest. It's sunny and warm out, the grass is green and the flowers are in full bloom. It's warm out during the evening hours and well into the middle of the night.
It's times like these that I wish I had spoke lights for my bicycle. I've seen packs of riders that go out for night time bicycle rides with their bikes are adorned with lights. It's a very cool scene.
As a friend and I discussed this past week, habits and mantras are a very real thing. Once our habits pave a way in our brains, creating a path that wasn't there - or even altering one that is there, it's much easier for our thoughts to do down the path in which we're training it to go.
That's one good reason that challenging and improving ourselves is so important. If you've been wearing the same 'ole hairstyle for 10 years of your life, making a part on the same side of your head every time - the day you decide to switch it up and make the part on the opposite side is possibly going to be a challenge for your hair. If you do anything repetitively for a long enough time - it sticks!
New habit creation is well worth the effort if it makes our lives better, even if it's a small improvement of just 1% a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment