When you're in control of your time and your calendar and your schedule, then you have no one to credit or blame but yourself.
Traveling while trying to keep on a certain schedule with your eating patterns is so very challenging. Of course, it's not impossible, but it certainly requires some work. Lots of work.
When I travel it's pretty customary that I am among the first up in the morning, the last down at night and the last to eat if there's any food left over. It can establish some really terrible routines.
It certainly did for me. It wasn't necessarily that there was nothing to eat or that the eating times were off for me - it was that there was a combo.
If you're up at 5am, ready to go at 6am, you work for a couple of hours and breakfast concludes at approximately 8:40am but there isn't anything left because in the ritual of letting others get served first - you're stretching your capacity to go without until the next chance. Okay, no big deal - except when the next chance comes and there isn't anything that fits in your list of acceptable foods - you're gonna be hungry enough to let a few things slide...
Yup, that happened.
There wasn't any drastic compromising with what I chose to eat usually, but the variety may not have been there and/or all I could get a hold of was something from a single food group.
I imagine this is how parents live. You feed the kids first and you'll just make it through the day with whatever's left. It happens.
Letting others go first is considerate and unselfish. Hopefully it's not a practice that goes on forever because there is something to be said for serving yourself first.
No comments:
Post a Comment