I'm trying to get ahead in my planning of future challenges - so of course, I made a list! I did pretty poorly on the juice cleanse challenge. That, I can say for sure. But was it a waste? Definitely not. I learned things about juicing by the research and about myself during that period of time.
But, deciding what's next - that's the fun and semi-stressful part. As you would've guessed, I don't like to fail - even if it's some astronomical goal I've set for myself.
In my humble opinion though, it's not a challenge - unless it is.
The unusually warm temperatures we've been having here provides a glimpse of what we'll be consistently getting in just a few short months. Until then, it's time to prepare the bicycles for riding!
This week, I got an email notification that the charity bike ride I've been participating in for the past several years has opened their online registration. Of course, I wanted to take advantage of their early-bird, discounted pricing but in all honesty, I look forward to the registration opening each year anyhow. I get so much value from the cycling event, that it's never a question of whether or not I'll sign up the following year.
Last year's ride however, was, we'll say...less than stellar. Okay fine - it was awful! I wasn't ready and it was clear. Now granted, I had several life-interrupting things happen that prevented me from preparing properly - but my vow this time around is to not repeat that same thing this year. So, I registered and it may just influence my next set of challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment