I was hungry today. I think I'm under-eating my calories - but I assure you, not on purpose. While I'm preparing for the juice cleanse that starts in two days, I've dedicated this week to consuming mostly liquids. Blending spinach smoothies in the mornings is old hat. I do this with no trouble at all. Midday, I've been enjoying brothy soups and that's been nice to have on these cold, February days.
Of course, lots of water. Also, pretty easy for me since I prefer to drink water 90% of the time anyhow. But, like I said, it's February and it's cold - so I don't always want LOTS of water - even at room temperature.
But today for some reason, I'm SO hungry. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's from one of the iced teas I had. Today, I had two cans instead of one - and I bet it's the sugar that did it. Sugar always ends up making you hungry. Sugar in any form, bread, candy, and yes - even fruit.
Which brings me to this...
Will I be super hungry on the juice cleanse? I mean - it's mostly fruit and water with some leafy greens thrown in. Because, if I'm hungry like this - I'm definitely going to fall off the wagon and eat something. Nuts, crackers, something.
I'm *hoping* that the reviews I've read about the juice I've chosen are true in that they are a) delicious and b) fulfilling enough to keep me from being hungry.
After much deliberation, the juice I've chosen is called, Suja. It's available at my local grocers and the program calls for you to drink 6 juices a day - in a specific order.
Today, I'm in a mental state that makes me want to start tomorrow! But, probably because I've taken this period to "get my mind right."
So proud of you, girlie! This has been an especially cold week.. and I agree it was the sugar that did it! I'm sure you've come across alot of articles that mention Bone Broth.. definitely do all you can to stay warm!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Karla! I'm both excited to start and at the same time, excited for it to be over with so I can feel amazing!
Delete