Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Gut on C.R.A.P.

The preparation that happens before beginning a juice cleanse is rough! To keep my motivation going along, I've been reading lots of articles, tips & tricks, posts and even full blown books about how to go about the whole thing the right way.

At least by studying up on the topic of cleanses, fasts, and juicing - it stays at the top of my mind regarding why I'm doing this whole thing.

Things I also read are the negative experiences from those who've done a juice cleanse. There aren't many.

In the research so far, I've mostly found negative gripes from people who don't seem to have actually studied and/or conducted their own juicing cleanse. There are a lot of naysayers out there who write about how the kidneys and liver do a fine job of cleansing and detoxing the body.

But, what about the gut?

I mean, I'm completely thankful that our livers and kidneys have their own thing going on to help keep our bodies running smoothly, but what about our stomachs/intestines? Do they have the capability to rebound from all the C.R.A.P. we've shoved down in there? If that were the case, none of us would even recognize the word 'probiotics' as it's used today.

I'm pretty sure I've done some damage to my gut. I like foods that aren't plucked straight out of Mother Earth, like strawberry Twizzlers for example. I'm pretty certain those things don't provide ANY health benefits to our bodies. But, they sure are tasty...

Some benefits of conducting a juice cleanse is that you, 'feel lighter' and you lose weight and your 'stomach gets flatter' - and hey, I know that's not everyone's reasoning for going on a juice cleanse, but all of those things are compelling enough reasons for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment