Monday, February 13, 2017

Swamp Water is Hardcore

Starting the juice cleanse over the weekend was a good plan. Without too much to do on Saturday, I had a chance to sip juices while doing leisurely activities.

Of course, one of the questions I'm guessing you're wondering is, "How did they taste?" Well, they tasted pretty decent actually - I mean, for this type of thing. I was intrigued by the combo of flavors. There were some unexpected ones.

But, as expected, there was that one AWFUL flavor. Good thing they saved this one for later in the day because to be honest, to start the juicing with this one would have been the beginning of the end! The awful one had the highest amount of leafy greens with the lowest amount of fruit.

I jokingly called that one Swamp Water. The name seemed to fit. I didn't finish it, but I didn't leave too much at the bottom. I don't feel bad about it.

We all have good intentions to do great things. Some of them work out, some of them don't. The prep for this adventure alone made me really conscious of my eating style. I found the sugar in the juices a little more than I'm accustomed to consuming - which in turn made me hungry. Generally, I'm an avid water drinker, so as you can imagine - things were definitely eaten to compensate.

A handful of cashews, some crackers when the Swamp Water got to me, a couple of pieces of fruit, cucumbers, a handful of Tostitos... It was a long weekend!

What I'm learning is that if I can simply focus on eating less processed foods in smaller portions than my norm - that's when I feel at my best. And really, that's what's important. Yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment