It's pretty much over. Four days in and I'm already over it.
What I realized in this time of juicing - is that I need more than juice. I needed a handful of cashews, I needed fresh fruit and more than anything - I needed satiation. I missed nutritious foods that weren't juice. I was hungry maybe half of the time and I attribute the majority of that to the natural sugars in the fruit juice.
So, there you have it. My grandeur goals of drinking juice and not consuming anything else day-in and day-out is over. I learned the lesson though. I feel better with nutritious foods in my system and I don't actually require that much of it.
The entire concept of eating three full meals a day has never really worked for me as an adult. Everybody is different. Drinking fresh, cold-pressed juices without anything else in my system doesn't exactly work for me either. But, how could I have known unless I'd given it a try?
Will I on occasion incorporate a fresh, cold-pressed juice in my day-to-day diet? Sure, why not? I think the juices would be refreshing drinks in the summertime when I'm out and about.
Here's also part of the lesson I learned, items designed for good health and nutrition are absolutely not for most of the middle-class and below. I could have driven through any fast food joint and basically cleaned-up on their value menu with the cost of just one days worth of juice.
However, you pay now for the good foods, the nutritious foods and you don't have to pay later in life with hospital bills and medical pills. So, that's the philosophy I keep in mind with these type of challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment