Today marked day 1 of the 5-day, pre-juicing cleanse preparation. This means, I focused on consuming mainly liquids. So far, so good. The green smoothies first thing in the morning are great, being able to enjoy a hot, brothy soup for lunch is wonderful, and taking in extra water can only be good for me, right?
Not gonna lie though, I was so tempted to munch on this, that or the other throughout the day. Yikes! I have a long way to go!
And just like that - doubt crept in...
Maybe this is too much...
Maybe I should call it quits earlier than I'd planned...
Gracious! It's not even the official first day of the cleanse and I'm planning my failure point and a last ditch effort to quit before I've even begun. Uggh! Why do we do this to ourselves?
Today, someone asked me what other challenges I have planned for myself this year. Honestly - I have no idea. When I'm focused on one challenge, I'm just engrossed. Who knows what the future challenges will be? As a matter of fact, I can barely see the light at the end of this tunnel - and I haven't even really started yet!
Here's what I know for sure. As the hours and days go by, the more I can keep the goal at the front of my mind, eventually I can make it to the final destination. Right? Right.
So, tomorrow, it's more of the same. Focus on the baby steps. The baby steps add up to the major steps.
Have you ever nearly called it quits on something that was seemingly so important to you? Are we afraid we'll fail - or are we afraid we'll succeed?
I think that's a blog all by itself.. why our minds try to cut us out of the race before we even begin. Would love to talk more about that!
ReplyDeleteYes! That would be a great one! I'm sure as I journey though this and future self-challenges, I'll come to the same self-opposition! Not today, Satan! Not today! LOL
Delete