Today it dawned on me. This whole juicing cleanse situation is going to be really, hard. My pre-juicing cleanse week starts on February 6. The days are passing quickly.
I have a somewhat plan and I'm fairly confident that yes, I can do this. How many times have we been told that something is "all mental" or "where the mind goes, the body follows" in life? I get it. Any major change, (and even the minor ones) first start in our brains.
If we're not "there" mentally, we'll never succeed with any challenges we face in life. I think this is one big reason that before I begin these challenges of mine - I mull them over for a long period. I could mull something over for months or years before I begin. Heck, I'll read anything on the topic just to try and find every failure point that could help alleviate the hurdles I might find myself facing.
Still, sometimes the hurdles appear and I'm just not ready.
It happens to the best of us, right? And yet still - I don't want it to happen to me. I just want to breeze right through it like it's no big deal. No one wants to fail. No one wants to try and not succeed. It's disheartening and embarrassing and people cast unfair judgment. Frick. Life can be hard!
But...
Who would we be if we never learned new things or tried different experiences or pushed ourselves to the limits just so we can see for ourselves if we can actually do it? It helps us grow and relate to others and develop empathy for those who are going through it right now.
So, for those reasons. I'll try. And, though I may stumble, I won't give up. There goes the status quo!
So true! As long as we give ourselves the freedom to try, then we can never actually fail.. many people give up before even taking the first step. This is something I admire in children, they are just fearless and free to do anything.. of course, some fears are healthy and for our own good, but I think it says something to give ourselves a chance. What a glorious journey this will be!!!
ReplyDeleteYes! If at first you don't succeed...
Delete