Wednesday, March 22, 2017

All the Little Things

I'm t-minus ten days before the beginning of the new month. I've already had a few days to ponder what the challenge of the month will be. I haven't had much success. The problem isn't that I don't know what to choose, the challenge is that I have so many to choose from.

It's these little things in life that we sometimes can't seem to get a handle on.

The big things? We adult the heck out of that stuff and get 'er done. But these little things...

Aargh!

Remember when I was focused on getting to bed at a reasonable time every night? Yeah, I'm still working on that one. Each day is different and I realize that in order to make that happen, like dominoes, every action leading up to that has to fall perfectly in place.

The problem is - sometimes the pieces are dominoes and sometimes there are a few monopoly pieces in there, a few leggos and a couple of hot wheels. Ahh, variety certainly is the spice of life.

Spice is nice and so not predictable.

So, if I figure out how to put that unpredictable spice in a perfectly packaged box, I'll be on my way to greatness!

But, that's not all. Look at how long it took me to utilize my bento box after it sat unopened for more than a year!

Thanks to these challenges I'm giving myself, I've figured out how to make a few things such as the bento box work in my life. I'll go ahead and call that a win.

As for the next challenge, that's yet to be determined. I suppose it all depends on what change or habit is most pressing or even what fun things I want to give a whirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment