For as long as I've been drinking water, there seemed to have been debates about what time of day to drink it, how much to drink, what temperature to drink it at, whether or not you should drink it before or after a meal - etcetera.
Man, as confident as I once was, I'm not so sure I've been doing it right this whole time!
It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I discovered that there were people in the world that didn't like water at all. They'd tell me that they didn't like the taste of it.
I was so very confused.
How could you not like water? We need water. We are water. Water has no taste and that's the point. It's perfectly perfect as-is.
Since I have zero problems drinking my fair share, it's the variety of ways I could or should be drinking it that intrigues me.
Flavored water? No thanks. That stuff tastes weird to me. What about infused water? Okay, this seems better - let's go with it. But, what about the temperature? Is ice cold water actually bad for you? Is it easier on the system at room temperature or even warm?
I have so many questions and doubt that there's one right answer. The thing I know is this - I love water ice cold, room temperature or even warm. But if my water could be doing even more for me by me drinking it early in the morning or with slices of produce in it or right before a meal - I'm willing to challenge myself to switch it up and reap the extra benefits.
No comments:
Post a Comment