Thursday, March 30, 2017

Don't Forget Your Pills

Having systems in place is the only way I can actually change habits. Today I was reminded that if you fail to plan, then you most certainly should plan to fail.

I'm a dedicated pill purchaser. I have great intentions of buying them and being diligent about taking them. I like reading about the benefits of adding vitamins and supplements to my life and all in all, I believe that they provide health benefits.

I have a shelf full of them. I have a pill case that I carry around in my purse that's full of them. I'm a pill purchaser, for sure.

Years ago, I had a sneaking suspicion that I probably wasn't getting all of the nutrients I needed from my diet - so, multi-vitamins seemed like a good addition to my life.

Once I started buying and taking multi-vitamins, I began to branch off into other - vitamins. I read up on them and I promptly got myself a bottle or two.

As you might have guessed, I was very good about taking those pills regularly in the beginning and from there - after months of doing so, my fervor for it all waned.

Currently, I have bottles of pills that I've had the darndest time remembering to take!

Since I don't have any ailments or conditions that prompt me to take the pills, I simply forget. I'd like to not forget - but I think I'd better put one of those systems in place to be sure.

Taking pills for me is easy. Remembering to take the pills at the same time every day is shockingly difficult. And that's where the challenge lies.

I need a plan and someone told me today that, yes - in fact there is an app for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment