Wednesday, March 1, 2017

If You're Not Sure; Eyeball It

After the very first day of taking lunch in my bento box, I think this is where I'm supposed to sing its praises.

Okay, sure. It's definitely song worthy!

When I made my salad, I just kind of eyeballed the serving. I mean, spinach - how do you approximate that? One handful? Half a handful? You just kind of eyeball it. But, after I made the impromptu salad, (named as such because I literally used whatever the heck was in the kitchen that goes in salads), I had some doubt that it would fit. You know what? It fit!

Queue the music!

And of course, it doesn't take much for me to get excited in life. If I find things that are functional, helpful, useful, and solve an issue, I like to celebrate! I feel that as long as I continue to make good use of the thing, then it's well worth keeping around, storing, washing, and maintaining. Everything at home should earn it's keep - unless it's just a piece of artwork and you love it and don't mind dusting it.

All else should be held under suspicion.

The bento box definitely earned its keep with just one use. I strongly believe that I'll get to a point where I won't feel very creative when coming up with ideas on what to put in it, but for those times, I'll lean on Pinterest and YouTube for inspiration.

There are a variety of different styles of bento boxes out there. During my initial search, I wanted to be sure to get one that was already compartmentalized. Yes, that would eliminate my creativity slightly in how I could organize food in it, but at the same time - the thought of having to hand wash multiple tiny compartments individually simply did not appeal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment