Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Those Dang Dirty Ditches

My April double-down challenge is a road paved with booby-traps, potholes and dirty ditches.

I don't really know what I was thinking. Well, actually, that's not true. I knew exactly what my intentions were - but I didn't really consider the dirty ditches and booby-traps...

My plant-based diet from April 14th to May 14th is an admirable feat - and for me, it's sort of personal.

The first day of my plant-based diet is my mom's birthday and May 14th is Mother's Day. Those dates seemed like perfect bookends to me.

She has no idea - and now that I think about it, I should probably invite her to join me.

Now, about those dirty ditches...

A plant-based diet is a perfect way to welcome spring. The skies are blue, the grass is green, the trees are blooming. It's all picture perfect.

But...

I have some work travel coming up. Not only will my schedule be in flux, but the foods I usually eat may not be around. That could be good. That could be bad...

The hardest part though - is having access to the never ending, delicious-looking, sea of available food.

Generally, I do an okay job at holding my own - but with the restrictions of this particular challenge, what I'm actually envisioning my day looking like is closer to what a raw vegan would eat.

Because I won't know how the food is prepared, I'll stick to things I can easily recognize, raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds and maybe something warm if I get lucky.

I'm traveling for 6 days - and towards the middle of the challenge, so hopefully I'll ease right into change.

No comments:

Post a Comment