I'm hanging in there with the daily supplements challenge, although I've had a couple of close calls - as recently as tonight.
And for that - I'll be staying up a bit later than usual... If you hadn't read a recent post of mine yet, you'll know that this is Nightmare Avoidance Strategy.
A couple of days from now, I'll start a Bonus Challenge.
It's an additional challenge that I'm adding to my current challenge.
As if one challenge wasn't challenging enough...
Starting on the 14th of April through the 14th of May, I'll be following a plant-based diet.
I can think of LOTS of ways I could fail on this one. I can think of LOTS of foods I'll miss eating, including my staple of microwave popcorn and brothy noodle soup, BUT, I can also think of how (hopefully) I will have made positive lifetime changes once it's all said and done.
My attempts to live a healthful life includes practicing veganism, toning down the amount of heavily processed foods I consume and increasing the number of times I take my bike out for a spin during the spring and summer months.
In the long run, I'd like to decrease my carbon footprint by focusing more on eating foods that don't come in packages. This one is clearly a double-benefit. Less packaged foods equals less trash and less consumption of processed foods.
This sounds like good practice to me.
So, as the 14th approaches, I'm not inclined just yet to run out and eat all of the chips and salsa or Oreo cookies or Twizzlers, but I am taking some things into consideration, like a hot bowl of brothy noodle soup. Maybe at the conclusion, I'll have that hot soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment