I remember one of my good friends telling me that as you age, the same things you used to do to stay healthy and fit didn't have nearly the same effect on the older you.
Back then, sure - I believed her. Today? I can actually relate to her and I'm not very happy about it.
My first few days of the April challenge have been successful, but I can't exactly say that they've gone without a hitch.
Pills, pills, pills. Morning, noon, and night.
Although I can't necessarily feel a change from getting all of the supplements down each day, I can only assume that they're providing positive results.
The trouble is - 99% of the pills I'm taking are simply supplemental to my current diet and won't actually show their benefits. At least, I don't think they will.
Magnesium, b12, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I almost feel as if I need to get a better plan together with these things. I need to get more specific with when I take these. Maybe then, (and possibly only then) will I ever notice a difference in my health.
After my fun-filled weekend, I'm pretty sure I've confused the hell out of my body. It probably doesn't know if it should continue to party or if it should actually get serious about better health.
Ugh. It's all my fault. How can it ever possibly get serious if I'm only serious part of the time?
Exactly. This sadly includes weekends.
Here's the good part - it only took me a few days to realize this. The bad part? It will take lots more practice and many more days to create more good habits to overcome the bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment