Friday, April 7, 2017

Supplements it Is

Routines can be so boring - and yet, I find comfort in their predictability. I'm good at rule following at least, and I've had to set a few rules for myself that simply didn't apply when I was much younger.

To start, I've been trying to be diligent about taking dietary supplements on time each day. I never felt the need to do this as a younger adult. I probably didn't actually need them. Oh, who knows? I'm 99% sure that my diet back then was 10 times worse than it is now. It was no big deal to make a meal out of cheese fries at the cafeteria on my college campus.

The 'build your own pasta' bar? That was probably my favorite. And the beauty of it all is that I could have that for a dinner, wash it down with a fruit juice drink and just kick back and relax.

Easy breezy...

Oh but that was then...

If I even tried to eat a bowl of pasta for dinner and then proceeded to lay back and relax, it'd take me HOURS to digest that meal.

H.O.U.R.S. before I could shake that bloated feeling of fullness. And, don't even think I'd consider eating such a meal past a certain time of night nowadays. Oh heck no! I'm just too ahem, mature for that nonsense.

Now that I've regulated my supplements, I feel a bit more balanced. It's like everything is finally starting to click.

The longer daylight hours are affording me more vitamin D and I'm thankful to get that in naturally. For the other vitamins, I work on getting those in through foods - but of course, sometimes life gets in the way and I can't always eat the rainbow - so to speak. Until I can, supplements it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment