Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Challenges Are Challenging

I'm solidly in the groove. The challenge I gave myself this month was to take my vitamins regularly.

Once I wrote out a schedule, I was bound for success.

I'm not much of a futurist, but I tend to look ahead quite often at my own goals. After I've gotten into the swing of things with whatever challenge I'm currently in - I feel pretty confident daydreaming about the future.

In an old movie, there's a scene between a man and a woman trying to solve a horrific crime. The woman had a mentor for much of her life who always challenged her to think problems all the way through and to examine all of the possibilities. In this particular scene, she explains to the gentleman how her mentor would often challenge her to think about the problems from a different perspective by asking, "What's the next step?"

For me? My next step is slowly showing itself.

The body is a very tricky and miraculous thing... It questions our choices and responds either in agreement - or it responds in disagreement.

Getting past the disagreement part is never fun. I can at least identify what may have caused my vitamin "disagreement" interactions. Once I figured it out - it was easy to fix.

I suppose the moral of this story is two-fold.

1) Take the time to find your groove.

2) Stay with the challenge long enough to move past the hurdles.

Since we all move at our own pace, just because it was a breeze for someone else, does not mean that it will take you the same amount of time - and of course, vice versa. Stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment