Today was the day I celebrated "National Eat What You Want Day," even though that technically took place yesterday.
I dined on one of my favorite cuisines today, Chinese food. Nothing too dramatic, mostly just rice with vegetables. It was soon thereafter, however that I realized that I was built for this any longer.
My favorite comfort foods always hit the spot - as it's meant, and I've done a pretty good job with spreading out the splurges well enough.
But, as a recovering addict of anything - when it's back to the beginning, you have to go at it without abandon. There's no room for a little of this and a little of that.
I believe heavily in a cold turkey type of attitude. Quit the vice and quit it now. I've read a lot about the continued reintroduction of certain types of foods into your diet - even just hints of it. Your brain can never get the opportunity to forget the flavors and therefore the desires continue to come back.
Today was an eye-opening experience. I had my favorite rice today and followed the meal with a large glass of water - a ritual I almost never do. And very, very quickly, I remembered why.
Oh misery...
A belly full of vegetable fried rice followed by a large glass of water is the perfect combination for misery.
Now that I've told you, you won't have to try it out for yourself! You can lean on my research. The entire experience was a harsh reminder that seriously - no one needs to eat this much food in one sitting. It took me HOURS to digest it all. Good thing I had that for lunch and not dinner...
Tomorrow, it's back in the saddle. I'll need a little time to consider my next moves.
No comments:
Post a Comment