Monday, May 15, 2017

Lose the Loss, Keep the Lesson

This past weekend officially concluded my latest challenge of eating a plant based diet and staying on a regular supplement regimen.

There were a few ups, and a few downs. Most of the downs came into play during my work-travel. As I wrote about earlier, travel always seems to throw a monkey wrench in any decent plans you make.

Fine. What in all honesty can you do about it?

You live, you learn, you try again and again.

Just like I learned that participating in a juice fast in the coldest month of the year wasn't necessarily the best timing to attempt such a feat, the same theme rang true with this most recent pair of challenges.

Didn't I consider that it'd be tough to accomplish while on the road? Yeah. I did. But I also had great intentions and hopes of success.

During that particular time in my life, I think practicality took the back seat.

All isn't lost, however. The lessons are still there - even if the successes didn't make a brilliant showing.

Alas, here I am - mid-month and I have approximately 15 days to determine what the next feat will be.

I know a few things, 1) it must be practical-ish; 2) the timing must be right 3) it needs to be something new.

When a personal challenge comes to an end, I think lots of people tend to throw in the towel near the end and become prematurely eager to jump back in the game without taking time to officially learn the lessons learned.

Sure, I'm an advocate for getting right back on the horse, but only after you've digested the lessons learned.

I've definitely learned some lessons along the way. Next up, I'll take a few moments to determine which part of my life needs a little self-challenge in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment