Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rising Temps, Growing Thirsts

One of my favorite daily habits has taken a back seat to the other things in my life. I've written about it before, so you won't be surprised when I tell you that blending green smoothies every morning is not only my favorite habit, but one that seems to completely set my day of into the right direction.

In short, I miss my spinach, bananas and meditative reading.

I'm not sure exactly when or where this fell off of my 'to-do' list. What I know is this - I must remedy this situation immediately.

With summer-like temperatures on the horizon, having a cool, refreshingly healthy drink first thing in the morning sounds awesome. Besides, without my morning greens and fruit, I'm coming in below the daily recommended daily value of vegetables and fruit.

When you start first thing in the morning, you're already ahead of the game.

Though I've always been a lover of big leafy salads and freshly made sandwiches, it's not always an easy feat getting those items in your diet on a daily basis - especially when you have busy workdays and eating lunch becomes a game of Beat the Clock.

In other words, chewing takes time.

This doesn't mean that I'm an advocate for only consuming your nutrients by drinking them, but I would definitely back adding these to any diet.

After my experience with the juicing challenge, I should add a notation here.

The smoothies I consume are not sold in stores or prepackaged; there are no added preservatives. I've never actually been a fan of the quick-fix, convenience option.

What I prefer is the homemade version of throwing fruits, mostly vegetables, water and maybe a splash of a nut-based milk in the blender and giving it a whirl.

Just taking the time to talk about it solidifies even further that I need to make the commitment and begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment