Friday, March 17, 2017

Bentos Mean Business

With my 14 business days of bento box lunch challenge coming to an end on Monday, I have to determine my next steps.

Apparently, it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Even though I haven't spent 21 days utilizing my bento box for lunches at work, I think I've successfully formed the habit of using my bento box during the work week.

One more business day left, and after that - I'm on my own. It feels good to have gotten this far, but of course, I'm eyeing the next challenge...

The February juicing challenge bombed for me, but it was a good learning experience and I even picked up a good practice of making my own natural juices from fruits.

The 14 business days of bento box lunches helped me create a system of prepping my work-week lunches and keeping the healthful options at the forefront. I think I'm going to keep that practice going. It makes sense to me and for me at this point.

Today's weather showed clear signs of warmer temperatures on the horizon. This means it may be time to get some type of physical challenge going so that when I get a chance to play in the great outdoors, my body isn't met with a rude awakening.

It's happened before.

I don't ever intend for it to happen again.

Each year I sign myself up for a charity bike ride or two and those 30-mile rides take a certain amount of prep and training. Did I train as hard as I should have? Nope. And it was the WORST. I remember it well and I don't plan on returning to that place. I think by putting some of these good challenge habits in place, I'm building a series of practices that will help me succeed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment