Wowza. I almost didn't make bento lunch last night. Of course, after getting in later than usual, I procrastinated, which then turned into an even later night. Didn't I tell myself that I needed to try and get to bed on time?
Promises, promises.
Meal prep takes time. Let's step into the 'way back' machine for a minute...
Remember when I said that someone asked what exactly would make this particular bento box challenge so difficult? And, remember when I said that prepping vegetables by washing, peeling, and cutting into nearly the exact same sized pieces would be a big part of the challenge? Well...I wasn't wrong.
Don't misunderstand. I'm one of those rare gems that enjoys vegetable prepping and chopping. Although admittedly, it requires some time...
Here's my philosophy on the whole thing. Vegetable prep shouldn't be treated as a chore. Vegetable, fruit and herb chopping is a great indicator that you are getting ready to provide your body with fantastic things! Healthy and delicious things! Things that are unprocessed and generally unpackaged.
Have you ever thought about that? I've never had to chop a burger or spaghetti or fried chicken. I've also never chopped cookies, cake or potato chips.
Coincidence? I'm thinking not.
So, the next time you begin to dread meal prep simply because of the work prepping the veggies will take, try to see it in another light. You're literally preparing the nutrients and vitamins that your body requires to function properly in a delicious way that your taste buds won't object.
So there. I like to chop. It's therapeutic and I hope to see lots more chopping in my future. What do you think? Do you like to chop? Do you see it as a pain in the rear? Have you ever considered that chopping might just be the gateway to better health?
No comments:
Post a Comment