Oh the bento box diaries...
Today while I was grabbing my lunch from the fridge at work, someone asked me what I was having. So, I semi-proudly displayed my bento box and the food inside. Not much food. Mostly just cucumbers and hummus. Well, truly, it was only cucumbers and hummus. Seems perfectly fine to me considering I put it together at maybe midnight last night and I didn't prep by going to the grocery store and actually buying other foods to go in it.
Eh, who needs variety? Ah, I've finally hit the wall.
I knew this would happen! I've fallen into the same rote pattern of eating the same food. But, this can't be bad, could it? I generally do well with variety, but I'm sort of hell bent on not wasting food and so I'm eating what some might call a hodgepodge of things - just to keep from throwing them out.
Haste makes waste, right?
What does that even mean? Hold for internet searching...
Okay, no. That's not the phrase I'm looking for... I think, "Waste not, want not," is what I was going for.
At any rate, this year I've been very focused on not wasting food once its brought home. According to Feeding America, 70 billion pounds of food is wasted each year.
http://www.feedingamerica.org/about-us/how-we-work/securing-meals/reducing-food-waste.html
That's a lot of food going to waste and yet there are so many hungry people...
So, yah. I'm really working on not doing that. If I end up eating a mishmash of things that don't generally seem to go together, so be it!
Eat all the (healthy) things!
No comments:
Post a Comment