Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Enough is Enough

I have an image of a bicycle on my computer and it's a reminder of why I bought my bento box in the first place - discipline and practicing 'enough.'

In today's society, the sleek marketing campaigns, whether they be magazine ads, commercials, social media posts, etc., - are feeding everyone this idea that having enough is actually having less than.

It's hard to avoid. I can see how our society could be caught up in the storm of MORE! Commercials are quick to ask, "Why have that when you could have this?" It encourages you to buy more, even when what you have is actually enough.

As a minimalist, I think I've done a pretty good job of pairing down the objects at home. I'm sure I could dig a little deeper, but maybe we'll cover that in future posts...

Right now, at home - there is enough. The items here are functional, necessary, fun or simply beautiful.

In pairing down, I've been looking in other directions. I've had great satisfaction in minimizing tangible items - so what other aspects of my life could use a little reduction?

Immediately, I think of food. Food glorious food!

Maybe eating simple foods from the bento box is actually okay. In utilizing it, it's teaching me quite a bit about 'enough.' When I work on getting all of the colors of the rainbow in there - I know that nutritionally, just for that one meal - my body is getting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment