Most adults have figured out a rhythm in order to keep their households running smoothly. Or, maybe I'm still assuming those pesky Joneses have it all figured out and everyone is really flying by the seats of their pants.
How could we ever truly know?
The perfect household... Laundry on Sunday. Grocery shopping on Saturday. Tacos on Tuesdays...
In keeping up with my 14 Business Days of Bento Box Lunches, I've run into a few hurdles here and there. If I miss the designated grocery day - I'm in a bind and I'm scouring the kitchen looking for any items that will help my lunch concoction make some type of sense...
The thing is, I'm trying to minimize the amount of heavily processed foods I consume. It's a long, arduous road, I know - but I'm on it taking one step at a time...
Packaged foods are good for a few reasons - a long shelf life is one of them. For the foods I need in constructing lunch meals, I have to think about using things before they spoil. But, I haven't quite figured out how to buy fresh foods that run out exactly when I expect them to; hence, I end up going to a variety of stores throughout the week picking up this and that to supplement what's already in the kitchen.
Am I the only one? I need to see if I can find some type of system to work this out. Have you figured out a system that works for you? I don't mind going shopping for fresh things twice a week, but I don't like the feeling of running around to different places picking up odds and ends regularly. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I can figure out some type of solution for this eventually. After all, the Joneses have.
No comments:
Post a Comment