For the past week, I've been pseudo-obsessively looking at photos online of Asian-style spring rolls.
I've Googled, Pinned and even YouTubed everything there is to know about constructing the perfect spring rolls. I'll go ahead and categorize it as a healthy obsession.
See what I did there?
This all started with the bento box challenge. I wanted a couple of creative ways to eat cold foods. It also helps if they're delicious foods.
Since I'm really trying to minimize eating processed foods, I wanted to make the most of the fresh food markets that are accessible to me. After all, not everyone has the benefit of being able to buy fresh produce.
During a trip out for groceries, I purchased the perfect spring roll ingredients. It's mostly vegetables and herbs, so I couldn't exactly go wrong.
Tonight, I spent a considerable amount of time prepping vegetables. But, as you might have remembered from a previous post, I don't mind chopping. The only thing that makes chopping a pain is a crappy knife. I promise. Get yourself two amazing knives, one with a serrated edge and one without and you'll be on your way to slicing and dicing in no time at all.
At any rate, who wants to do all of that after getting home from work? I certainly didn't - especially because I was already hungry when I walked through the door!
When I got myself together to prep the veggies, the beautiful colors and the fresh smells of it all calmed me down. It was as if my body was relaxed knowing that although food wasn't coming immediately, GOOD food was on its way.
Not only did I have an amazing dinner, I have something colorful to look forward to when I open my bento box tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment