Friday, March 10, 2017

Quality Over Quantity

Today, I made it past the 1/2 way point of the current challenge. Eight days of the bento box challenge is behind me and it's getting easier day-by-day.

I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with having more fresh food options in the kitchen.

I made spring rolls last night for dinner and for lunch today. I was concerned with how they'd hold up over night, but to my surprise, they did pretty well.

As an adult, I've nearly perfected the ability to finish all of the food on my plate - no matter how big the plate.

I'm certain it stems from my parents telling me about how kids in other countries were starving...

I explicitly remember having to sit at the kitchen table alone while everyone else finished eating and moved along with their lives.

I definitely fell asleep a couple of times.

It didn't take long for me to realize that the sooner I finished, the sooner I could just get up and leave too. Somewhere in my teenage years I officially joined the 'Clean Plate Club.'

After a while, I started to really like food. A lot. I wasn't paying attention to the size of the servings or anything - I just ate it all. After all, there were still starving kids out there somewhere. I had the metabolism of a humming bird and I couldn't let those kids down.

The beauty of the bento box challenge is that I can eat all of the food that fits in the compartments and still stay within acceptable serving sizes since undoubtedly, my metabolism is slowing down.

By eating healthful food from a right-sized vessel - I'm starting to adapt to quality over quantity.

What about you? Where did your food story begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment