As a card-carrying member of the Clean Plate Club, I've adjusted to the portions I can comfortably fit into the bento box. This means, I can eat all the food and have zero regrets.
Hooray!
Another one of the best parts of it all, is that really - because I've upped the nutritional factors of the foods I've been putting inside, I'm completely satiated with the quantity. To me, that deserves a big 'ole pat on the back!
We live in the land of...okay - ate that...what's next? We can never satiate ourselves - we're always craving something else...
It reminds me of the saying that some people, instead of listening to you, are simply waiting to speak. Before they truly hear you out and process what you've just said to them, they're already contemplating what they're going to say back - never truly living in the moment.
Before our stomachs can process what we've sent down there, our minds are already onto the next thing. Dessert?
With the bento box - there is no next.
You have what you have, so when you're prepping it, you'd better make some solid choices. Sound limiting? Why yes - that's the whole point. There's something to be said for restrictions and limitations.
Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.
As a child, all I ever wanted was to be an adult. I wanted the freedom to do what I wanted, say what I wanted, eat what I wanted, and sleep when I wanted. Now, as an adult the world is my oyster. I can do all of those things - but at what cost? Just because I can stay up all night or eat whatever I want doesn't mean it doesn't come at a cost.
Adulthood ups those costs. Yawn...Burp!
No comments:
Post a Comment