Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Replacing Old Habits is Easy

When I was finally able to put a title to the "condition" I have called minimalism, I was so happy to give it a name! Everything about minimalism speaks to me - especially because I don't believe anyone should spend more than a certain amount of their lives cleaning things that are (in the big scheme of things) irrelevant.

Tchotchkes anyone?

For someone who doesn't necessarily love to clean (or even like to clean for that matter), it was essential that I applied minimalism to even the most simple parts of my life - like, the bento box.

There are so many beautiful photos online that show the varieties of ways people have prepared their bento box meals using cutesy containers, food separators, teeny plastic chopsticks, tiny forks and even little plastic cup-like things that resemble cupcake baking papers.

As I ogled the images, what I really wanted was a solution that could work for me that didn't involve all of those extra pieces...

Before minimalism - I laughed at the concept of sporks! A spoon that was also suited to perform as a fork? Umm, no. Just get yourself a spoon and a fork. Case closed.

But, nowadays, having just one or two things that function 100% of the time that doesn't clutter my space and create more cleaning is worth its weight in gold!

I only have one bento box. That means I have to be dedicated to washing it, drying it filling it and getting it ready for the next day.

You know what? It wasn't a hard habit to create. I've found success in changing even the most miniscule things in my life and all of those things eventually add up to the big things!

Stopping old bad habits is hard. Replacing old habits with new ones is so much easier!



No comments:

Post a Comment