Food is one of my favorite topics of discussion. It's a topic that everyone can relate to and that most people get enthused talking about.
Whenever I add something new to my diet, I immediately research the benefits. Sure - I know that all vegetables are good for you, and so are fruits - but why? What makes them good for us? Tell me why I should be eating a certain thing or at least show me the long list of health benefits I'll be getting from eating them.
Convince me.
The thing is this - when I'm talking to others about my love of vegetables specifically, a lot of times they ask me why I eat or drink certain things. "What are the benefits?"
And then I'm stumped.
I've researched the health benefits of certain vegetables, but to be honest - most of them have so many benefits, that I've never even tried to memorize any of them.
It kind of goes like this:
I eat the vegetable. I like the vegetable. I wonder what the health benefits of the vegetable are. I immediately search the benefits of the vegetable online. I read the long list of health benefits of eating the vegetable. I confirm that yes - I should continue eating the vegetable because it's good for me. I continue with my daily life eating the vegetable never to remember why I eat the vegetable in the first place, (other than liking it).
Knowing that it's good for me and that I should eat it is convincing enough. But maybe I should try to memorize a few benefits so I'm not caught up in that moment when people ask me, "What are the benefits?"
No comments:
Post a Comment