Each day I'm in this dual challenge, I think about the challenges ahead of me and I envision how I'll either succeed or fail when the temptations really get in my face.
Already, I'm planning my failure points and tactics.
I'm not sure why I'm doing this. I think it's partially due to the fear of failing when my travels take me out of my normal daily routine.
Routines are safe and predictable. When it comes to changing habits, once you find yourself in a stable routine, that's when you can safely say that you've started on the right path and each day from that point on gets a little easier.
But travel...
Whether it's travel for work or you're going on vacation, the change of pace can seriously derail your intentions and send your plans right out the door.
So, maybe it's good I'm thinking about this, because hey - even the weekends can sometimes catch me off guard.
At this point, I have a few ideas about travel and trying to keep to my plant-based diet plans. Mostly, the biggest plan is to do just that - plan. I think we always feel more comfortable when we have acceptable food/snack options at hand so we're not stuck in an all out battle with our hunger with absolutely no place to turn other than what's in front of us - which of course is never the acceptable stuff.
My plan is to stockpile. I want to be sure that I'm stockpiling the right food choices each day so that I always have options and never feel hungry or deprived.
Yep. Stockpile the fuel foods with reckless abandon. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
No matter the challenges we set for ourselves, the number one failure or success point is the planning. We can't escape it so we need to simply embrace it.
No comments:
Post a Comment